home > summer and group programs > alumni group program
Alumni Group Program
Experience abroad is often called a once in a lifetime opportunity. ProWorld wants to give our alumni a chance to do it again.
Alumni will collaborate with ProWorld and our community hosts for a short term development project, get a chance to revisit the Sacred valley in Peru or see a different ProWorld site from their original program, go on cultural and adventure excursions, and immerse themselves in the culture one more time.
Final details are determined by matching the skills and interests of the group with the needs of the host community.
- Cleaner burning stove installation
- Environmental conservation
- Additional projects selected by the community
The collaborative project will serve as the major component for an experiential and service based program and a chance for alumni to learn more about international development and the ProWorld model. Program fees help support ongoing development projects and include:
Note: Prices do not include international airfare, airport taxes, or visa fees.
- Full room and board
- All onsite domestic transportation upon arrival
- Roundtable discussions with community members and ProWorld staff about international development
- Resume and job search discussion
- Community project planning, set up, execution and follow up
- Project donation and material project purchase for the community
- Cultural and adventure activities
- Pre-trip organizational discussions and program materials
- Extensive staff support throughout all phases of the program
- 24 hour emergency access to support staff and offices
- Health and travel insurance for every participant
Location: Urubamba, Peru
When: July 12 – July 27, 2008
Living situation: Group living accommodations
US$1,195 for alumni, minimum enrollment 8 participants
Click here to apply
"Personally coming to Belize was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. After this experience I’ll never forget Belize! I expect that I’ll return in the future." - WWU Student