ProMexico and Western Washington University share in a vision of empowering university students to make valuable contributions in Mexico through the study abroad volunteer program. The Semester in Mexico enhances students' global perspectives through a blend of academic coursework, field studies, and hands-on development project experience.
ProMexico Semester Overview
Program courses, taught by Mexican and foreign professors, offer authentic and insightful perspectives while deepening students' understanding of Mexico and the Spanish language. Courses are taught in conjunction with the Southwest Center for International Studies. Community development projects, field work, and adventure activities complement classes, creating an integrated program experience.
The Program Includes:
- Intensive group orientation
- 16 Academic credits, tuition fees, books, and transcripts from WWU
- Academic classes four to five days a week
- All onsite program transportation
- Full room and board with a local family
- Private/small-group Spanish classes
- Group and individual development projects with funding
- Weekly experiential learning activities
- Weekend adventures
- Daily staff and professor support
- 24 hour emergency access to ProMexico office and staff
Program fees do not include: international airfare, passport or visa fees, independent travel during the program, or personal expenses. Program fees may change without notice due to currency exchanges.
Spring 2007, Jan 18 - April 27
Fall 2007, Sept 6 - Dec 14
$8,950 / £5,095/€7250
Apply by clicking here