ProPeru and Jacksonville University share in a vision of empowering university students to make valuable contributions in Peru through the study abroad volunteer program. The Semester in Peru enhances students’ global perspectives through a blend of academic coursework, field studies, and hands-on development project experience.
ProPeru Semester Overview
Program courses, taught by Peruvian professors, offer authentic and insightful perspectives while deepening students’ understanding of Peru and the Spanish language. Community development projects, field work, and adventure activities complement classes, creating an integrated program experience.
The Program Includes:
- Intensive group orientation
- 16 Academic Credits, Tuition Fees, Books, & Transcripts from JU
- Academic classes four to five days a week
- Airport pick up in Cusco
- Full room and board with a local family
- Intensive Spanish Classes
- Four to six group development project outings
- $400 US per student of development project funding
- Visits to Archeologial sites, weekend hikes, and cultural activities
- Hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- 24 hour emergency contact on site
- Regular staff check ins and access to ProPeru office in Cusco
Program fees do not include: international airfare, passport or visa fees, insurance, independent travel during the program, or personal expenses. Program fees may change without notice due to currency exchanges and the unique nature of international travel.
Spring 2007, Jan 11 – April 20
Fall 2007, Aug 30 – Dec 7
$8,950 / £5095 / €7250
Apply by clicking here